Get a Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me That Can Help With Your Motorcycle Accident
People get injured in Illinois and Indiana in motorcycle accidents all the time. Very often, these injuries can be life threatening, and you will probably search “personal injury lawyer near me” to find a lawyer. In 2011, there were about 3,600 motorcycle accidents in Indiana.
Many accident victims suffer injuries:
- 553 injuries forced people to lose work
- 1,944 injuries didn’t force people to lose work
- 222 injuries didn’t have details
- 118 injuries caused death
In 2012, there were 956 motorcycle accidents in Illinois. Isn’t it sad that motorcycle deaths keep going up?
Riding a motorcycle is way more dangerous than driving. For example, over 4,295 people died in 2011, and over 92,000 people had personal injuries.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Motorcycle Accidents
Many things cause motorcycle accidents in Northwest Indiana and Chicago, such as:
- Left Turns
can cause accidents. Plus, other drivers forget to look for motorcycles.
- Road Rage.
Drivers get mad when they see a lot of motorcycles, so many drivers will then drive poorly.
- Bad Weather. There is a lot of bad weather in Chicago and Northwest Indiana, and many drivers lose control of their cars. Wet roads means that vehicles need more space to stop. In addition, motorcycles have only two wheels. This means that they have a hard time stopping if they get cut off in traffic.
- Speeding. Going fast makes it harder to stop. Sometimes traffic stops quickly. A safe driver keeps a safe distance; however, negligent and reckless drivers do not. They are the reason why accidents happen and people get injured. Also, highways in Chicago and Northwest Indiana can have bad traffic, and drivers often have to stop quickly. If they don’t, it’s easy to get rear-ended.
- Unsafe Lane Changes.
The law states that you must use your turn signal before turning. Safe drivers follow the rules. Accidents are a result of breaking these rules. Negligent drivers don’t follow the turn signal rule and cause accidents. Accidents happen all the time because unsafe drivers don’t turn on their signal when turning.
Types of Personal Injuries
Some types of personal injuries are:
Spinal cord injuries
Motorcycle accidents can cause permanent injuries. If you have been permanently injured because of someone else’s negligence you need a trusted, passionate personal injury lawyer like Alex Mendoza. You can find him by searching ‘personal injury lawyer near me.’
People get neck injuries, such whiplash or spinal injuries. These can be very serious. Such injuries don’t always present all at once. More seriously, they often get worse as time goes on. A personal injury law firm, like Alex Mendoza Law, can fight for you.
Insurance companies add insult to injury and accuse you of faking or exaggerating. Alex Mendoza is in your corner. We fight the good fight and protect hardworking, injured people. We fight for our clients. Most importantly, we win cases.